About Our Organization
North Carolina's Eastern Region Development Commission is the economic development agency for a 13-county region (Carteret, Craven, Duplin, Edgecombe, Greene, Jones, Lenoir, Nash, Onslow, Pamlico, Pitt, Wayne, and Wilson). The Commission offers confidential site location assistance and information to companies considering the Eastern Region for a business location or expansion.
The Eastern Region encompasses nearly 7,000 square miles, with a population of approximately 1,000,000 and a workforce of 470,000+. Several factors make the Region an excellent location for manufacturers, distributors and other business operations, including:
- Progressive business climate that fosters growth and success
- Highly productive workforce with a broad diversity of skills
- Nationally-recognized education and training resources
- Affordable labor, real estate, utility and living costs
- Large supply of quality industrial buildings and commercial sites
- Utility capacities to handle most manufacturing and service operations
- Centrally located for superior access to eastern U.S. markets
- Quality of life that perennially ranks among America’s best
- Identifying economic development opportunities having immediate and/or transformational impact on the region's economy.
- Building regional capacity to support economic growth and wealth creation.
- Identifying and addressing barriers to economic growth.
- Generating regional strategies through collaboration to develop and implement plans for economic growth.
- Serving as the primary source of economic development data and expertise related to the region.